Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who knew making Molten Lava Cake took only 20 minutes? Here’s this recipe for this quick and fabulous dessert!
Considering the last couple of recipes had something to do with chocolate. I do like chocolates, but ever since I am eating right and working out, my cravings have gone down a bit. More on it some other day. Coming back to this recipe, this Molten Lava Cake is amazing – it takes all of 20 minutes to make + it will surely satisfy your fill for chocolate for the week. The minute you cut it open, the lava of chocolate oozes out, and you are in chocolate heaven. YUM!
Thinking about chocolate? Looks like it is on my mind for sure. My only regret – I did not get better pictures! A few notes before you get started.
- This is a good make-ahead recipe – Get the batter ready, pour it in ramekins, cover it with plastic wrap, and keep it in the refrigerator the day before and right before your guests come in, pop it in the oven.
- If you make the cake, store it in the refrigerator, and reheat it again, you may not have a Molten Lava Cake. You will still have a chocolate cake you can enjoy.
- I substituted butter with Canola oil because I could not fathom using 1-1/2 cups of butter for four small cakes.
Molten Lava Cake
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons flour
- confectioners sugar to dust for garnishing
- Butter to grease ramekins
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Grease ramekins/custard cups and place them on a baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and oil in a large microwaveable bowl for 30 seconds. Whisk it well until chocolate is completely melted. Microwave for an additional 10 seconds if needed to completely melt chocolate.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, and sugar on high till it is well blended. Stir in the flour and chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Divide the batter into 4 ramekins. Place the ramekins in the oven along with the baking sheet and bake for 13-14 minutes. The cake will firm on the sides but the center will be runny.
- Let it stand for a minute. Carefully run small spatula or knife around cakes to loosen and invert onto dessert plates. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve immediately!
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.