One pot creamy curry pasta with shrimp
Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
One-pot creamy curry pasta with shrimp is a perfect marriage of Indian flavors with Italian produce. It is effortless to make, and you can dish up this quick and satisfying supper in about 30 minutes.
Did you make the 15-minute Grilled honey garlic salmon that I posted last week? If you haven’t, I would highly recommend it. Gosh! It was so good that my kids couldn’t get enough of it, and that’s why I made it again this weekend.
If you haven’t used crushed red chili peppers before, try adding them whilst cooking to make the whole dish spicy, but if you prefer small bursts of heat, add them at the end just like I did with this one pot curry shrimp pasta dish.
How to make one pot curry pasta with shrimp?
Should I add curry powder to get that curry flavor?
Let’s get this cleared out first – Most Indians I know don’t use curry powder. Curry powder was apparently created by the British to emulate garam masala – a spice blend that is made by toasting and grinding coriander, cumin, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves, and cardamom powder ground into a fine powder.
In this one-pot pasta recipe, we are going to use not only garam masala but also coconut milk, turmeric powder, and coriander/cilantro leaves to get that curry flavor that we are aiming for.
This dish has become one of our family favorites, and I am confident that once you make it at home, it will quickly become part of your weekly dinner rotation.
Other pasta recipes you’ll love
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese – Impress your guests with this creamy pasta recipe that is quick, easy, and has a secret ingredient to amp things up.
- Instant Pot Lasagna – Classic Italian lasagna gets an Instant Pot upgrade with this easy-to-make vegetarian lasagna recipe.
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetarian Pasta – Learn how to cook pasta in the Instant Pot with this delicious Vegetarian Pasta recipe. Make a healthy and delicious plate of pasta everyone will enjoy in under 30 minutes!
- Chicken pasta – This Chicken Spinach Pasta is effortless to make, and you can dish up this quick and satisfying supper in about 30 minutes.
One pot creamy curry pasta with Shrimp recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups peeled and deveined shrimp/prawns
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ th cup coconut milk
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguini pasta
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro / coriander leaves for garnishing
- sliced limes
- crushed red pepper chili flakes
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. As the oil heats up, add the chopped onions and garlic and saute them until they are soft and translucent.
- Add all the remaining ingredients – tomatoes, shrimp, salt, pepper, garam masala, chili powder, coconut milk, water and pasta and mix well. Bring the contents to a boil.
- Cover the pot and then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed. This will take ~8-10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and mix well and stir it till the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chili flakes. Just before serving, add a dash of lime juice and mix well.
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.
Easy quick one dirty pot what’s not to like. I used korma curry paste instead of garam masala and chilli, very good not very spicy as my partner dont like spicy but very flavorful
This looks good… but can I use the same recipe for chicken instead?
This is my favorite recipe… Atleast 2 to 3 times a month this special quick, easy, and extremely delicious dish is eaten in our home. Perfect if you have little time or have a small space to prepare a nice dinner.
I am glad you love it, I have a chicken recipe coming soon!
The perfect back to school recipe for those crazy weeknights!