Thank you, Tillamook for sponsoring this post. For a limited time this fall, try Tillamook’s Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices! Available at Costco.
You’ll love this grilled open-faced sandwich where tangy cheese meets loads of veggies on a freshly sliced bread. Don’t be surprised if even the hardcore meat lovers in your family come clamoring for seconds.
I am not the one to gush over a sandwich, but this one I will.
The melty, creamy real cheese along with fresh veggies is a perfect marriage of tasty and healthy. I literally threw in every veggie that I had in my fridge with the end result being finger-licking good.
And I have evidence – my 5-year old who is not a fan of either cheese or veggies approached the sandwich with the utmost caution, but with one bite she was hooked – not a crumb on her plate.
That according to me is a total winner!
What is an open-faced sandwich?
To assemble an open-faced sandwich (or a tartine), start with a fresh slice of bread, and slather it with a base of your choice – mayo, butter, cheese slices, and chutney, to name a few. Add a layer of veggies on top – onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers – take your pick. You can grill the whole thing or eat it as is.
As you may have noticed it is not sealed on top with another bread slice and hence the name – open-faced.
How to make a delicious open-faced sandwich
There are two things that make a sandwich stand out – fresh produce and cheese. Once you have you shortlisted the veggies of your choices, make sure you pick unprocessed cheese like Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices.
Why Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices?
Here’s why Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices are a great choice for any recipe –
- They are made with simple, real ingredients.
- The cheese is made with milk from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones
- They are naturally aged for 15 months to achieve tangy perfection – no shortcuts!
- The slices are crafted from blocks of natural cheese.
Can you believe that not everyone has tried real, natural cheese?
I certainly can because until I had Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar slices, I did not know what a huge difference real cheese can make – tastewise and also from a nutrition point of view. To learn more about the difference between real cheese vs processed cheese, click here.
Where can you find Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices?
For a limited time this fall, try Tillamook’s Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices! Available at Costco.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating by commenting below!
Open Faced Sandwich
- 4 slices of sandwich bread
- 4 slices of Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar Slices
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped beans
- 1 medium-sized tomato sliced
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- salt as needed
- pepper as needed
- Ketchup for serving
- Place the cheese slice on the bread and layer it with the veggies. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Broil the bread on low for about 3-5 minutes until the cheese has completely melted.
- Drizzle the toast with ketchup and serve hot.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.