Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Say no to store bought chivdas! Make this Poha chivda this Diwali and all you need is 10 minutes. Makes for a great after school snack as well!
It is funny how being a parent changes you.
I used to love eating Chivdas, Bhel Puri, Sev Puri every kind of junk food you can think of when I didn’t have kids. Though I still enjoy these snacks from time to time, I never give them to my kids.
I always question whether the oil that has been used is good or wonder how many months ago the chivda was made and packed. So every now and then when I have cravings, I just make them at home so that I can share it with my kids.That way they can’t question me “if outside chivda is unhealthy, then why are you eating? “
Also, the other thing is some of these chivdas such as the Poha Chivda are so easy to make that all it takes is 10 minutes! Seriously, that is easier than dressing up and going to the grocery store to get some! That’s what I call win-win!
- Add poha to the microwave safe dish and roast it in the microwave on high for a minute. Mix well and heat the poha again for a minute. Set aside.
- In a wok or kadhai, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds and when they start to splutter add kadipatta leaves and green chilly.
- Fry them for 20 seconds and then add roasted chana dal, peanuts, and cashews (if using).
- Stir them in and add poha, turmeric powder, and salt. Fry them for another 5-6 minutes on medium to low heat till the mixture is well combined.
- Let the mixture completely cool before storing in an airtight container.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.