My little one turned two last week and since she is a big “Let it go” / Frozen fan, I decided to throw her a Frozen birthday party. While I ordered the cake, I decided to make a few munchies for the kids – Chocolate truffles and Rice Krispy Treats. To get the theme colors of white and blue, I used white chocolate and sparkling blue sugar. While it is best served fresh, you can make this treat a day in advance. These treats were so easy to make that my 7 year old made this with little help from me.
Rice Krispie Treat
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows, 1 packet
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon oil
- blue sparkling sugar to sprinkle
- Over low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan. When the butter gets completely melted, add marshmallows. Stir the marshmallows until completely melted and then turn off the heat.
- Stir in the cereal until well coated.
- Evenly press mixture in a 13 x 9 pan coated either with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. (Note: I used the back of a small bowl to press the mixture evenly).
- Mix white chocolate morsels and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate for 20 seconds and stir well. Repeat the process and check and stir the mixture every 20 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Evenly coat the cereal mixture with white chocolate. Sprinkle it with the blue sparking sugar.
- Cool for 10 minutes and cut into squares. Best served the same day.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.