This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #MyHonestTea #CollectiveBias
Keep your family satiated with these road trip snacks which are delicious, easy to pack and have a long shelf life so that you can travel stress-free. It is also so much cheaper than buying food on the way.
Don’t you just love road trips? Not having to worry about airline regulations at all!
I love to stuff our car’s trunk with everything we would need on our trip and more much to my husband’s amusement.
He often asks “Are we going on a road trip or relocating to our destination?”
To keep me from overpacking my husband hinted that we should create a road trip checklist and I took the bait. I already have two checklists for travel (see below) and making one for snacks seemed like a perfect idea.
- A pre-vacation checklist – Things to do before you leave for vacation
- Travel checklist – Things to pack for your vacation
What are the best snacks to take on a road trip?
My short answer is – snacks which don’t perish quickly. And if you are carrying snacks that don’t have a long life such as cheese sticks, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs make sure to consume them first or invest in a cooler.
Here are some snack ideas for your road trip –
- Fruits and veggies – Oranges, navel oranges, organic carrots, homemade or organic applesauce
- Whole Grain – dry cereal, granola bars, crackers
- Dried fruits and nuts – raisins, almonds, cranberries, peanuts, organic freeze-dried mangos
- Other munchies – sesame sticks, cheese crackers, organic fruit snacks
- Drinks – water, organic milk boxes, juice boxes, and Honest® Tea
Those were my top picks and I always buy organic snacks when possible. For more organic snack ideas, I would suggest you walk down the aisles of grocery stores that carry organic food such as Kroger and Kroger banner stores.
Tips for stress-free snacking while on the road
- Pick snacks that are not messy, the ones you can eat without silverware.
- Create individual portions – prevents fights and spilling when you are passing food around.
- Get a cooler bag for your perishables – cheese stick, milk, hard boiled eggs etc. Make sure you eat perishable food items first.
- Don’t pack all your food and drinks in one bag instead divide it depending on how long your journey is. For instance, make a separate bag for every 4-5 hours of driving and keep one of those bags with you and the rest of it in the trunk.
- Don’t forget to carry the following essentials
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Paper towels
- Grocery bags (for trash)
How do you keep food fresh when traveling?
- Keep the perishables in a cooler bag.
- Separate the dry snacks from the wet.
- Buy the produce the previous day or the day you leave town.
Find additional tips on keeping food fresh here.
Why I love Honest Tea
When the kids are off to school and I have a moment to sit down, I love to unwind with a glass of one of my favorite flavor of Honest Tea – Raspberry Tea. It is just nice to be able to take a moment, look outside and sip my tea before I start my workday. It helps to know that Honest Tea is organic, brewed with real ingredients and just a tad sweet.
Ah! Simple pleasures of life.
Apart from the fact that Honest Tea drinks are great tasting, it is also good to know that it stands for: Honesty and transparency – from the way the ingredients are presented to the company’s efforts to help make the earth a better place. Organic and fair trade have always been core to the Honest Tea mission. Learn more about the mission here.
Different flavors of Honest Tea
Honest Tea is offered in a variety of flavors –
The plastic bottles have the following selection –
- Honey Green Tea
- Half Tea & Half Lemonade
- Peach Tea
- Pomegranate Blue Flavored Herbal Tea
- Orange Mango Flavored Herbal Tea
- Raspberry Tea
- Unsweet Lemon Tea
- Lemon Tea
- Cranberry Lemon Flavored Herbal Tea
- Unsweet Peach Ginger Tea
And the glass bottles are offered in the following exciting flavors –
- Peach Oo-La-Long Tea
- “Just” Green Tea
- Heavenly Lemon Tulsi Herbal Tea
- Moroccan Mint Green Tea
- Lori’s Lemon Tea
- Mango White Tea
- Black Forest Berry Herbal Tea
- “Just” Black Tea
- Green Dragon Tea
- Ginger Oasis Herbal Tea
- Golden Turmeric Pineapple Herbal Tea
- Lemon Grove Maple Black Tea
- Mango Mate Black Tea
Where to buy Honest Tea
Check out the different flavors of Honest Tea in the bottled tea aisle at your nearest Kroger and Kroger banner stores.
Before I sign off, let me remind you that September is National Organic Month. The objective is to create awareness of the many benefits that organic products have on us and our planet.
If you are new to the organic way of life, I would encourage you to visit any Kroger or Kroger banner stores and check out their large selection of organic products from produce to snacks. – I am sure you will love them just like we do.
Note – There is a special pricing for PET Honest Tea bottles running from 9/5/18 – 10/24/18: 4 for $5. Don’t forget to take advantage of this offer like I did 🙂