STEM toys for kids that spark joy (and creativity)
Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For kids who love STEM, this list of fun and educational toys will not disappoint. We have gift ideas for kids aged 5-15 and all are under $50.
Most kids these days have everything and sometimes it becomes difficult to pick gifts for them. That’s why I enlisted my kids to help me make this list so that I could get some fresh ideas.
They focused on some fun and challenging games/puzzles that would spark both joy and creativity!
Check out their list below which contains STEM toys that are perfect for ages 5-14 and are all under $50.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links here are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link.
All these gifts are available on Amazon Prime with 2-day shipping. If you’re not a Prime member yet, you can sign up for a FREE MONTH here.
- Spirograph Art Set – Great for creative thinking, shapes, and colors, and large motor skills.
Encourage the budding artists in your life to create amazing designs with this Spirograph kit. It features 12 wheels in all-new unique shapes, as well as three new Spirograph rings to create a whole new, never-before-seen assortment of Spirograph designs.
- ThinkFun Gravity Maze Marble Run – an engineering and building toy that provides a great stealth learning experience for young players.
Gravity Maze is a combination logic game, marble run, and STEM toy that helps develop critical skills. It contains 60 challenges from beginner to expert, a game grid, 9 towers, 1 target piece, and 3 marbles that will keep kids entertained for a while.
- Flashing Cube Brain & Memory Game for Kids – Great for home and travel, these fun handheld games help improve hand-eye coordination.
With a variety of built-in single-player games that develop quick thinking and even quicker fingers, this dazzling light-up cube is a perfect game for kids 6 and up.
- Klutz Lego Chain Reactions Science/STEM Activity Kit – perfect for kids who love and already have a few sets – they’ll need it for this kit.
With the stuff in this kit and a pile of your own ordinary LEGO bricks, kids can build ten awesome machines that can be combined to make dozens of different chain reactions.
- Difficult riddles for smart kids – perfect for kids who like problem-solving. Recommended for kids aged 9-12.
This kids book is a collection of 300 brain-teasing riddles and puzzles that kids can carry with them everywhere. Perfect to keep them engaged during a road trip or for a family night.
- Construction Engineering Building Blocks Learning Set – Designed to enhance your children’s STEM skills. Perfect for ages 3-8.
Helps your child develop hand-eye coordination, master fine motor skills, and improve logical thinking. Up to 6 players can play at the same time. Includes 42 designs of varying difficulties.
- Remote Control Robot – a robot that you can build and play! Best for kids between 6-14 years of age.
Kids who love legos will really enjoy building this robot. It moves in all directions and even does a 360-degree rotating stunt.
It keeps kids engaged and entertained and offers a fun and educational way to play.
- Pizza Co – for kids who love math and pizza 🙂 . Best for ages 5-12.
This game teaches entrepreneurship along with Math skills. Your kids will run a pizzeria and learn how to operate a business and make profits!
An Osmo base and an iPad is needed to play this game.
- MEL Kids — Exciting DIY STEM Projects and Experiments Subscription Box – A gift that keeps giving. Perfect for ages 5-14.
Each month, subscribers receive one STEM project on a dedicated topic. What I love about this kit is that it includes free live lessons with a professional science teacher to explain the science behind the experiments and allow your children to ask questions!
- Maze Racers – Building and Racing Board Game – This fun and challenging game is perfect for ages 8 and up.
This is such a fun game that even adults can play.
Using magnetic walls, players compete to build the most creative maze they can imagine. When finished, they swap their creations and using two balls, race through the maze by tilting the boards. The first to make it from the start point to the end wins.
Looking for more gift ideas? Check out the ones below
- A gift guide for foodies – Check out these hand-picked gift ideas for your foodie friends.
- Fun and Thoughtful Gift Ideas for Women – Buying gifts for women is hard especially for someone who has everything. Here are some fun and thoughtful gift ideas for the special women in your life, be it your wife, mom, or best friend.
- For the Instant Pot lovers – Here’s a list of Instant Pot accessories and cookbooks for the Instant Pot fans in your family.