We wrapped up our spectacular weekend with a Harry Potter movie and some sweet and spicy popcorn. Here’s the recipe – perfect for a family of 4.
Sweet and Spicy Popcorn Recipe
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Add popcorn kernels to the oil and the kernels should begin popping in approximately 2 minutes.
- Shake the pan frequently without taking the cover off.
- Continue to cook till popping slows down (approximately in 2 minutes) and then switch off the gas. Set the saucepan aside.
- In a small saucepan, add butter and when it begins to melt, add sugar, maple syrup, salt, and chili powder. Bring the mixture to boil whilst stirring continuously. This should take approximately a minute.
- Switch off the gas and set the mixture aside to let it cool for a minute or so.
- Add this mixture to the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the popcorn onto the cookie sheet to cool out.
- Once the popcorn cools down, serve immediately or store it in an airtight container for a couple of days for future use.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.