Bajil bella tarai which stands for beaten rice, jaggery and coconut is a very traditional Mangalorean breakfast. Also known as Sweet beaten rice, Bajil bella tarai has made its way to our breakfast table umpteen number of times. It is very easy to pull it together, it is one of my favorite breakfasts.
Sweet Beaten Rice / Bajil Bella Tarai
- 1 cup beaten rice / thick poha
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 3 tablespoon jaggery, grated
- 1/2 cup coconut, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Rinse the beaten rice in water quickly in a colander without soaking it in water for a long time
- Add ghee, grated jaggery, cardamom powder and grated coconut. Mix well and serve.
Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist.