No eggs Tiramisu recipe – this coffee flavored creamy Italian dessert is sure to steal your heart with the first bite.
How to make no eggs Tiramisu recipe?
Now, who doesn’t like Tiramisu, right? Every time I think of this delicate, sweet but not overly sweet dessert, it makes me want to whip one up right away.
The only thing that discourages people (pregnant/vegetarians) from having this dessert is that it has raw eggs (most versions of this recipe do!) And that is the reason I skipped my favorite dessert when I was pregnant. If you love Tiramisu like I do, you know exactly how I felt when I couldn’t have the Tiramisu that I so lovingly made for my husband on his birthday.
What’s great about this recipe is that it doesn’t use eggs at all and all you need is 15 MINUTES of prep time! Perfect for vegetarians, pregnant ladies or for folks who are just averse to the idea of having raw eggs in their dessert.
In case you are wondering whether not adding eggs to this recipe impacts the taste, let me tell you this – as someone who commemorates every event in her life with Tiramisu, I can confidently tell you that you will not see a noticeable difference in taste.
Tiramisu is a great make-ahead recipe. You can make single serving cups using Trifle cups or you can use a glass bowl like I did. So here’s my recipe for eggless Tiramisu!
No egg Tiramisu recipe
- 8 ounces or 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream, see note or 1 cup thawed cool whip (make sure you thaw it out in the refrigerator)
- 12 firm Ladyfingers / Savoiardi cookies
- 3/4 th cup brewed coffee, cooled and at room temperature (I used instant coffee granules to make my coffee)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Shaved semisweet chocolate or chocolate morsels, to garnish (optional)
- Use 4 small trifle bowls or glass bowls of your choice.
- In a bowl, whisk mascarpone cheese and sugar together till it is well blended.
- Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee and lay them in a single layer in a glass bowl till the bottom is completely covered. (Note: Dip one ladyfinger at a time - do not soak them.
- Spread mascarpone cheese mixture over the ladyfingers gently using a spatula till the ladyfingers are evenly covered. Follow it with a layer of coffee-dipped ladyfingers.
- Spread a spoonful of cool whip or whipped cream over the ladyfingers gently and evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder over the cake evenly and garnish with shaved chocolate or chocolate morsels.
- Repeat the process for the remaining 3 bowls.
- Refrigerate the Tiramisu for 4-6 hours, until set.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.