After I made magic shell or chocolate sauce at home, we decided the obvious thing to do was to make homemade ice cream. I was on the lookout for a recipe that would not require an ice-cream maker, preferably no eggs and also didn’t require tons of ingredients or time. The other requirement was that the ice-cream should have heavy whipping cream as one of its ingredients (simply because I had a pint of whipping cream at home that was nearing its expiration date 😉 )
After a quick search on the Internet, I found this recipe which met my long list of requirements! I wasn’t sure about the final outcome but I decided to make it anyway. And I am glad I did ! Not only did it take all of 10 minutes but it also brought back some fond memories from childhood. Remember those slabs of ice cream they served at Indian weddings? Or you could get them from a grocery store – if I remember it right, the brand was Vadilal or Kwality. This ice cream tastes just as awesome..Gosh! who knew making ice cream at home was this easy and with no more than 3 ingredients. I certainly did not!
You MUST absolutely try this recipe for Eggless Vanilla Ice cream! You can’t go wrong with this one.
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 pint or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can, 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Whisk together all 3 ingredients in a stand-in mixer or a hand held mixer for 6-8 minutes till the mixture is thick and creamy.(The mixture should NOT be runny)
- Transfer to an airtight freezer container and freeze the ice cream mixture for 6-8 hours
- Let the ice cream sit on the counter top for 2 -3 minutes before serving.
Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist.