I almost didn’t make these cookies and what a loss it would have been. There were too many obstacles.. for one a migraine and second too tired after a long week and third we had no chocolate chips except the white one and the dark brown sugar we had at home had turned into stone..but where there is a will, there is a way. I am talking about my daughter’s will here :). You will not see a step by step picture here simply because I didn’t think they will be worth posting..but one bite into these cookies and they changed my mind. This is the BEST cookie I have ever had in my life.. no kidding.. They were soft,chewy and gooey.. YUM. I could have finished the whole batch but I stopped after two..ahem…actually three..
Since I was pretty sure that this will not turn out great, I made a small batch so this recipe will yield you around 15-16 cookies. That’s a perfect number for me, because if I have three dozen cookies at home, I will eat them for all my meals and put on like 10 pounds in 2 weeks. This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart’s website and here is my version for the quick, easy and completely ADDICTING White chocolate chip cookie.
White Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted sweet cream butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup about 6 ounces white chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cornstarch and baking soda.
- Set up an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.Add butter (microwaved for 10 seconds) followed by both sugars.Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stop and scrape as needed.
- Reduce speed to low; add vanilla and eggs and beat till they are combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix unti they are combined (don't overdo it - maybe for a minute)
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them for 15 seconds. You are ready to bake.
- Line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper;Use an icecream spoon to scoop cookie dough and place them around 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies start to brown lightly around the edges (Ovens differ - so start checking on the cookies around 8 minutes)
- Remove the cookies from the oven;transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely (approximately 5-6 minutes) before chomping them down 🙂
Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist.